This position will be responsible for coordinating membership renewal activities, delivering membership reporting and collaborating with the IT team to ensure the execution of membership outreach. This position will play an important role in meeting and exceeding Filene’s annual fundraising goal and collaborating with other market-facing team members to foster strong relationships with existing funders and partners.
This critical position will assist in managing the day-to-day member relationships and will interact with senior level credit union system executives and vendors.
- Understand and engage in Filene’s complete body of work including research and impact programs to connect the work with member needs.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the membership account team members, credit union customers and staff, and associates at business partner organizations.
- Prioritize and manage workload to aggressive deadlines.
- Grow and foster relationships with Filene members and visitors.
- Execute on Membership team strategies for the acquisition, renewal, reporting and ongoing cultivation of members and prospects.
- Establish and execute a proactive account level contact strategy plan for retention. Re-sell memberships when business is at risk of loss
- Work with team members to ensure details of members and prospects are documented, implemented, and recorded in Salesforce.
- Manage membership database including managing membership renewal notice process.
- Establish and execute a proactive contact strategy plan for non-target accounts
- Perform the necessary tasks to follow Filene’s sales process and ensure robust tracking and reporting, including but not limited to: Analyzing growth and providing accurate, complete, and timely submission of required progress reports, forecast, and status of opportunities in Salesforce.
- Represent Filene with members and in the community, including speaking publicly for the organization, when needed.
- Update and distribute information to current members as well as prospective members. Oversee, and execute as needed, the regular print and electronic communications related to an organization’s membership status, renewal, etc.
- Assist in ongoing assessment and enhancement of member recruitment and retention.
- Oversee the logistics and coordination of regional or other member engagement meetings including, but not limited to, venue details, registration, and day of coordination.
- Coordinate other member and prospect visits, including advance planning, logistics, and follow-up.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years successful customer care or sales/retention experience, preferably within the credit union industry
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, plan projects and maintain deadlines with strong organization skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow complex process, aptitude for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated effective listening, communication, interpersonal, relationship building, problem-solving skills, along with presentation and customer service experience with an emphasis on non-face to face environment
- Demonstrated strong persuasive and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to integrate computer technology into sales processes.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and teamwork abilities. Demonstrated ability to effectively build business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred or other CRM systems and process.
- Up to 20% travel required.
EEO Policy Statement
The Filene Research Institute (Filene) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Filene complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Filene expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Filene employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.