Filene Fill-in Episode #66 |
Ep. 66: Managing Misinformation
Hear how to combat misinformation in the midst of a pandemic.
- Local and Timely Information: Credit unions should prioritize sharing timely, relevant, and local information, such as official updates from local government websites, to assist members during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Redundant Communication: Using multiple communication channels, including websites, social media, newsletters, and more, ensures that important information reaches a broader audience.
- Misinformation Management: While it's generally best not to engage with misinformation or trolls on social media, credit unions should address harmful misinformation if necessary and report it through appropriate channels.
- Rules of Engagement: Credit unions should establish clear rules of engagement for their social media accounts, allowing them to moderate or remove off-topic or harmful comments.
- Being There for Members: Credit unions can provide crucial support to their members by demonstrating their presence and care during these challenging times, offering financial assistance and solutions, and emphasizing the difference they can make compared to other businesses simply sending generic messages of support.