This position will play an integral role in helping Filene to develop and maintain member relationships to support Filene’s vision of changing lives through innovation, truth, and cooperation. This role will be responsible for recruiting new donor relationships; coordinating account management activities including renewals; and collaborate with the Marketing and IT teams to ensure the fulfillment of membership engagement plans. The engagement manager plays a key role in helping to meet and exceed Filene’s annual fundraising goal and collaborating with other market-facing team members to foster strong relationships with existing funders and partners. This critical position will manage the day-to-day membership relationship activities and will interact with senior level credit union system executives and vendors.
- Model Filene values and play a key role in maintaining the culture of the organization through personal and cross-functional accountabilities.
- Actively support the achievement of Filene's strategic objectives, plan, and metrics in a manner consistent with Filene’s mission, values, and brand.
- Provide extraordinary service to Filene’s staff, members, and stakeholders.
- Understand and engage in Filene’s complete body of work including research and impact programs in order to connect member needs with programming that can best meet those needs.
- Prioritize and manage workload to aggressive deadlines.
- Represent Filene to external audiences and immerse in Filene’s entire body of work to convey and engage the market in the entire “story” of Filene Research Institute regularly and consistently.
- Grow and foster relationships with Filene members.
- Execute on Membership team strategies for the acknowledgement, reporting and ongoing cultivation of donors. Work with team members to ensure details of engagement plans are communicated to stakeholders and that plans are up to date in Sales Force.
- Lead membership model and ensure consistent execution with benefactors across Filene.
- Support and manage lead account management (CRM) across Filene Research Institute
- Partner consistently with directors of partnership and market-facing team members to create a “one-team” Filene experience.
- Follow Filene’s sales process and planning; ensure accuracy and completeness of Salesforce.com; including but not limited to: Analyzing growth and providing accurate, complete, and timely submission of required progress reports, forecast, and status of opportunities in Salesforce.
- Coordinate with all teams with Filene to identify potential cross-organizational dependencies and to provide project status reports.
- The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful sales experience, preferably within the credit union industry
- Strong sales aptitude and proven track record of success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, plan projects and maintain deadlines with strong organization skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow complex process, aptitude for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal, relationship building, problem-solving skills and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to integrate computer technology into sales processes
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and teamwork abilities. Demonstrated ability to effectively build business relationships with internal and external clients
- Proven ability to deliver effective presentations in front of large audiences
- Ability to sell innovative ideas, programs, advisory services, and processes to a sometimes-reluctant audience
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred or other CRM systems and process
- Up to 10% travel required including
- Attending various conferences relevant to innovation or select projects
- Presenting key findings in presentations on a wide latitude of Filene’s findings
EEO Policy Statement
The Filene Research Institute (Filene) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Filene complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Filene expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Filene employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.